You may be considering promotional products, but wonder how they can help your company. Believe it or not, these tiny little investments can often provide you with a better return on your investment than billboards or bench ads in the community. Sure ads like billboards may be noticed as people are driving around town, but they are much more expensive than a giveaway item and will only appear in one place, where promotional products can travel around from place to place. In fact, promotional products can help your company in a number of ways you may have never thought of. Here are a few ideas of how these giveaways can help promote your company:
- Getting passed along. Items like pens or pencils are tiny investments, but the reality is that they are seen on a regular basis and often passed along to people who would never have heard of your company otherwise. Most businesses are going to make pens and pencils available to their customers and when they are accidentally removed from your premise, wouldn’t you rather they help promote your business to everyone who uses them?
- Daily reminders. Some things, like desk calendars and chip clips may not ever leave the possession of the person you gave them to, but they can be seen every day by that potential customer. This is a great way to subtlety send your message on a regular basis.
- Walking billboards. Ever wonder why so many companies give away tee shirts and hats? It’s a double promotion. The person wearing your shirt or cap will think about your business when they put them on and then everyone who sees them throughout the day will be reminded of your services as well. Can you ask for a better low-cost investment?
- Local goodwill. Consider giving away low-cost items at a community even in
exchange for a mention as a sponsor. This will result in potential customers getting your promotional products for future use. Overall goodwill towards your company gets your neighbors thinking about how great it was of you to have provided free items at the event.
- Corporate gifts. If you have higher-end clientele, a simple tee shirt may not cut it, but a gourmet gift set or a stunning desk accessory may impress your potential client and leave a lasting impression in his or her memory.
- Employee rewards. Not all promotional products need to be used for advertising. You can also provide employee incentives and small reminders at your company parties with these items. It’s always good to remember that a happy employee is a productive employee and just because you have a small business doesn’t mean you can’t afford to reward your employees from time to time.
Now that you’ve got some ideas as to why you should purchase promotional products, be sure to read our reviews on the best promotional products stores and our other resource article about Choosing The Right Promotional Products For Your Needs.
At TopTenREVIEWS We Do the Research So You Don’t Have To.™